Money Plant

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Money Plant

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Karachi,s climate is for Tropicals.Money plant grows through out the years at Karachi rapidly.give it a support against a wall or tie it with a tree trunk specially Elestonia or Sumbal tree.once it develop roots you will get bigger leaves.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Since I have planted in a jar with water and planning that the money plant climbs over the wall in the alley way. Is the bigger leaves are of different vereity?
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Mustansir Billah wrote:Since I have planted in a jar with water and planning that the money plant climbs over the wall in the alley way. Is the bigger leaves are of different vereity?
Money plant in water will not be healthy enough to grow large leaves. Grow it in a pot if you like large leaves.
Money plant is an epiphyte not a parasite (as Behzad shb) mentioned. It likes to live on trees but it will not extract their food.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Tie your money plant as it grows.I normal tie mine against a rough wall after every three sets of leaves.Look at the pictures carefully.
As the plant grows with a good grip it,s leaves will get bigger & bigger.once it loses the grip again they will lose the size.
Mustansir Billah

JazakAllah for pictorial guide.
MaShaAllah every nice plant. BTW Is it ok that roots are lying in the last picture?
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

I have been growing money plants and all other type of foliage vines from the same family including swiss cheese plant and arrow head plants, all behave the same and if someone would like to grow them on a terrace and in a pot then obviously there is no tree to stick them and if you still want bigger leaves to grow then the best way is to use a bamboo or a pipe covered with some grassy like stuff could be a grass from the fruit wala or could be sayba kind of rope available in market or could be bori itself the purpose give an artificial tree like atmosphere and tie the stem with the sport and water the sport with the plant it will help the plant to grip easily and quickly and then you will observe that usually there are two roots with each leaf but once your plant will get the grip you will observe that your stem will develop too many roots and they will start growing bigger into the sport and the stem will get thicker and leaf will also get bigger with the time and the only fertilizer they require is nitrogen as they are only foliage plants. the results will be satisfactory ;)

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Mustansir Billah

JazakAllah! Hamad sb.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Image
Money plant(devil,s ivy) growing against silk tree (sumbal tree) in my garden.it gains full size in moonsoon. In tropical climate like Karachi it remains in full leaf for whole year.In karachi many varieties can be grown.i love the white leafed most.
beautiful site Umar

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

Mustansir Billah wrote:JazakAllah! Hamad sb.
you are welcome Mustansir though rough wall also work but the only problem with the wall is that you have to keep on tying the plant on the wall otherwise it will lose the grip but with the support once it hold the support it rarely comes off

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Mustansir Billah

Will post the picture of the holed wall soon...

Return to “Vines”