Money Plant

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Money Plant

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Hamad that is my Money plant against a tree.the pictures i posted this time are against wall.It works in both situations Hamad.Thanks you remembered my old pictures.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

picture of the alley way where the money plant is placed.
Attachments
IMG_2259.jpg
IMG_2258.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Mustansir it will not be able to produce big leafs like Umar's it need to be planted in soil, it may get bigger though but with the same size leafs

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Mustansir Billah

another one is in the soil on the same shaped wall. will post its pictures too.
How much big should be the pot? I have planted it in 8" diameter pot?
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

Mustansir Billah wrote:another one is in the soil on the same shaped wall. will post its pictures too.
How much big should be the pot? I have planted it in 8" diameter pot?
the bigger the better

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
sallookhan
City: Mardan

Post by sallookhan »

if a money plant become loose and wilted what can b possible reasons ... correct water supply ..soil is normal as other money plant is thriving in same soil near by...no bugs etc .. it is loosing leaves and is soft
Mustansir Billah

Possibly Fresh Manure...
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

sallookhan wrote:if a money plant become loose and wilted what can b possible reasons ... correct water supply ..soil is normal as other money plant is thriving in same soil near by...no bugs etc .. it is loosing leaves and is soft
have you transplanted your money plant recently?
in some cases over the winter the root system get damaged and start rotting under the ground and before you know its too late, try to find out if the roots are getting rotted or observe the stem just under the ground and just above the ground if its rotted then you have to cut the healthy part of the stem and place it in the water for some time and then plant it back into the pot as its spring already it will thrive and give you better results.

I hope this may help :)

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
sallookhan
City: Mardan

Post by sallookhan »

Hamad wrote:
sallookhan wrote:if a money plant become loose and wilted what can b possible reasons ... correct water supply ..soil is normal as other money plant is thriving in same soil near by...no bugs etc .. it is loosing leaves and is soft
have you transplanted your money plant recently?
in some cases over the winter the root system get damaged and start rotting under the ground and before you know its too late, try to find out if the roots are getting rotted or observe the stem just under the ground and just above the ground if its rotted then you have to cut the healthy part of the stem and place it in the water for some time and then plant it back into the pot as its spring already it will thrive and give you better results.

I hope this may help :)

Hamad
thanks dear it was very weak before winter and at end of wntr it strtd wilting and it may b posbly roots roting as u said if i change the soil will it work ..by cutting roots and burry in soil
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

thanks dear it was very weak before winter and at end of wntr it strtd wilting and it may b posbly roots roting as u said if i change the soil will it work ..by cutting roots and burry in soil
cutting a money plant stem and planting it in soil does work but its a slow process and in your case the stem/plant is in poor condition/health already so there would be less chances of survival, the best thing to do in this case is to cut the stem and put it in water for a while let it start its roots in water and then transplant it to pot, in this manner it will take less time to establish and 100% chances of revival.

hope this will work for you

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92

Return to “Vines”