cactus seed help ??

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

khalidaminryk
City: rahimyar khan

cactus seed help ??

Post by khalidaminryk »

its first time i saw seeds on my cactus .. unfortunately i plucked dried flower bud from cactus and thrown away each time .. this time i did not .. so after few days i saw tiny granules in dried bud i think these are seeds .. please help me out for sowing these seeds and other tips
Attachments
flowers of this cactus were fragrant
flowers of this cactus were fragrant
IMG00443-20130417-1918.jpg
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Re: cactus seed help ??

Post by Tahir Khan »

Khalid sb these are different cultivars of astrophytum myriostigma, yes those are seeds, sow them in a mixture of 2 parts sand and 1 parts manure finely sifted with a sieve and keep them moist by putting the container in a tightly sealed polythene bag.
khalidaminryk
City: rahimyar khan

Post by khalidaminryk »

thanx Mr. Tahir ..

what i understand is after sowing seeds in a container i cover container with air tight polyethylene bag .. and where to keep them in shady or sun area ??? how much time it will take to sprout from seeds .. ??
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

khalidaminryk wrote:thanx Mr. Tahir ..

what i understand is after sowing seeds in a container i cover container with air tight polyethylene bag .. and where to keep them in shady or sun area ??? how much time it will take to sprout from seeds .. ??
correct, and place the container in a shady place, it will take 1-2 weeks to sprout depending on the temperature

Return to “Questions and Problems”