how to save plants from pets ?

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

hassanqureshi
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: roses , annuals and prenniels .....................

how to save plants from pets ?

Post by hassanqureshi »

hello guys ..............
this year while doing annuals and prenniels i have the greatest difficulties...........and the reason is my three adorable cats , they follow me everywhere and since garden is their play field they get more active . Thanks to Allah they are a bit civil and and didn't bit or tore the plants but they ran on little seedlings and almost broke them , they walk on them , run on them and several of seedlings died because of this .
i search Google and what i come up with is that cats hate citrus smell , i made lemon juice and spray it everywhere to no effect .....
then the other option is to spray them with water when ever they come close but then i feel so bad because of the winters and they really seem to hate that ......
the third option is to water the plants and they avoid the watered bed but they would still walk on edges and wait for it to dry and i could not always fill my bed with water ...........
the last option i have is to buy cat repellent available in seed shop , i want to ask key wo harmful to nahin cats ke liyn?
and kisi aur ka experience with cats and gardening and how do they manage it ..........?
any help would be welcome .thanks.
greenkhi
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Vegetable, Fruit, Trees, Shrubs, Flowers, Lawn, Vines, Lawn.

Re: how to save plants from pets ?

Post by greenkhi »

Use thorny brush from plants like Bougainvillea, Kikar tree. Place them on bed so that they don't walk on it. You can water the bed without having to remove the brush and it will get sunlight as well.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: how to save plants from pets ?

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

You have three options
Get rid of...
Stop growing ...
Learn to live with your losses.
Pets do respond if you show your displeasure, at least dogs do (mine does).

Return to “Questions and Problems”