How to Start Planting (Newbei)

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

sweetpaki
City: Karachi

How to Start Planting (Newbei)

Post by sweetpaki »

Hello Guyz,
I never being a planter...but as i saw on geo that most of the vegetables and fruits are growing in dirty water at karachi however soil are dirty as well but i don't like that video on geo :(
so i decided to be a planter but i don't know how......i check lots of article over here but confused..... ab8 PH, compost, Gibberellin/Gibberellic acid, vermicultie and pertile and also how can i identify how much water a plant need and do my plant need fertilzer or not......

I have a 80 sqr feet are on my roof for planting but i can only use container and pots plastic bags etc........or will birds cause any trouble to my plants birds like sparrow, peigons ussually as on sky ;)

And also letme know a good shop where can i buy required equipment :)

Sorry for tooooo much questions :(
It's Ali Raza Here...student of BBA in FAST.....i've a site which is
http://sharez4all.com/
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: How to Start Planting (Newbei)

Post by Izhar »

Keep it simple and dont get confused. You will require following things:

1) A good planting medium, baloo matti mixed with ojhri ki khaad will give you good results. You can get it from any nearby nursery

2) Pots with good drainage i.e. when you water you plants the excess should drain out within 30 minutes or less

3) Varieties of plants which can give you better yield, you must consider the season of planting for example now it is season for summer season seed sowing. Although with some minor adjustment you can grow almost all vegges in Karachi year round.

4) For better yield vines need some support to climb like cucumber, melons, squashes etc. Soft herbaceous plants need support to grow as straight a possible e.g. tomatoes, egg plants, capsicums & chillies

5) Most of the times the seedlings need protection from sparrows and ripening fruits from crows, rats, moths and squirrels. A simple solution will be to just cover them up with a cloth

6) You can get gardening items from the shops mentioned in the link below:

http://www.lahoregardening.com/2011/03/ ... rachi.html

Feel free to ask any question, the more you ask the easier will be to understand the situation and reply :)
sweetpaki

Post by sweetpaki »

thankz alot buddy it's a good forum and a quick answer and i added in my bookmark :)
btw i have some flowers plants but roses plants leaves turning yellow :( why do you know and also i have no shading option for my flowers plants sun always remain direct to plants
It's Ali Raza Here...student of BBA in FAST.....i've a site which is
http://sharez4all.com/
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

There could be a number of reasons, you should look closely for the pests, scale insects are among major pests of roses in Karachi.. take the picture of whole plant as well as the damaged parts and post it here.. which kind of soil they are planted in?? any fertilizers you used? nowadays is the best growing and blooming season of roses in Karachi
sameerusmani84

Post by sameerusmani84 »

Dear Izhar,

Tell me if i have already added gober khad in pots waht to do now? should i change soil now or anythign else??
a mali told me that this is not good for plants.
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

Dear Sameer,

I tried to answer you questions here: http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... 4341#p4341

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to start you own topic with proper subject. If you ask questions in other topics the other member may face difficulty in getting replies to his/her queries, hope you understand :)

Return to “Questions and Problems”