Looking for a few specific plants. Help please!

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

DaBombDiggity
City: karachi

Looking for a few specific plants. Help please!

Post by DaBombDiggity »

I am looking for the following plants. I have provided the scientific names and attempted to list the local names, however, the local names may be incorrect
Acacia Catechu known locally as Catechu
Acacia Arabica / Nilotica known locally as babur / kikar / kiker
Arundo Donax aka baans?
Phalaris aquatica, Phalaris arundinacea, Phalaris brachystachys don't know what they are known locally.
I would appreciate it if I would be able to find these in nurseries than to go on a scavenger hunt in dangerous areas. I reside in Karachi, but am willing to travel to find these.
DaBombDiggity

Re: Looking for a few specific plants. Help please!

Post by DaBombDiggity »

Update
I realized I won't be needing some of the others anymore. Here's a new list with Phalaris Tuberosa added in:
Phalaris aquatica, Phalaris arundinacea, Phalaris brachystachys, Phalaris Tuberosa don't know what they are known locally.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

DaBombDiggity wrote:Update
I realized I won't be needing some of the others anymore. Here's a new list with Phalaris Tuberosa added in:
Phalaris aquatica, Phalaris arundinacea, Phalaris brachystachys, Phalaris Tuberosa don't know what they are known locally.
Those who know plant chemistry would be really concerned about the potential uses of your wish-list of plants :-(. Sorry, if we misunderstood, but that is the first impression.
DaBombDiggity

Post by DaBombDiggity »

I would like to use it for beneficial reasons, to relieve myself of addiction to tobacco and a few other narcotics. I need no more than enough for a one time use.
BTW Acacia Catechu = Katha aka Khair (paan dye)
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

You cannot cure a problem with another problem. It is good that you identified the issues. There are superior medical treatments available rather than self treatment with plants (please seek a good doctor's advice).
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Acacia Arabica is the one which make shrub,have ling spines.its very common in Karachi out skirts.the other is the kekar which make a big tree.have a big trunk.we in pushto call it palosa.i don,t know its Urdu name.its flowers are also use to feed honey bees.

Return to “Questions and Problems”