Minimum pot size for Mogra

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

javed khaanzada

Re: Minimum pot size for Mogra

Post by javed khaanzada »

Izhar wrote:Motia and Mogra both are Jasminum sambac

Englsih name of Motia is Maid of Orleans Jasmine for double, Arabian Jasmine for Single

English name of Mogra is Grand Duke of Tuscany Jasmine

Chambeli is Jasminum angulare or Jasminum azoricum

English name is South African Jasmine or Azores Jasmine

Khabbab bhai can elaborate on this

All of them bloom through out the year except for the coldest period.

Epsom salt is Magnesium Sulfate which provide essential trace elements to plants for producing Chlorophyll in leaves, can be used in all plants especially those belonging to citrus family.

I am so sorry I forget to mention that my friend's plant is in ground. Once the roots are established they can fend for themselves.
Dear Izhar, thanks for comprehensive reply.
Now guide me, about Epsom salt....I mean of which company I should buy? and how much and how many times it should be apply in each plant of Mogra in pot?

Today I also bought two other mogras plants, so now there are 4 plants. Kindly guide me how much water and in how many days I should apply?

Regds-javed
javed khaanzada

khabbab wrote:Izhar, good tips. Perhaps pruning is what most people do not do. And i will try epsom salt this year for first time :)

Chambeli is jasminum grandiflorum and there is another variant Jasminum officinale the difference is in pink buds, fragrance is almost same. Chambeli flowers in winter months and spring and when established almost whole year.

Mogra is pointed to different cultivars in lahore and karachi and other areas. In lahore, mogra is pointed towards a motia which is not very fragrant. Now common motia is what we call desi or pakistani motia. And indian motia has bigger flowers and more fragrant flowers. I have both pakistani and indian one and both in bloom. Will post pics on week end.

There is another variety of climbing jasmine. It has very big dark green leaves and climbing habit. They call it climbing motia. Sadly the plant was taken by some relative of mine in my absence last year and i could not see its flowers :x
Dear Khubbab, thanks for updating. I think 4 plants of Mogras seems to be Desi ( I dont know, either Pakistani or Indian) beacuse their flowers have plenty of frgrance. Now another task for me, ie to locate Jasminum Officinale..... :roll:

Regds-javed
javed khaanzada

Got it....Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulphate). I can arrange it from any Homeopathic Drug Store. They use it to prepare tablets. I can get it in pwder form. 2 table spoon in one gallon of water.....am I correct re the dose?

Regds-javed
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

1 table spoon per 4 liters of water, weekly
javed khaanzada

But there is some problem. There are 12 salts, including Magnesium Sulphate in Biochemic/Homeopathic. Each salt has minimum to maximum potency ie 3x to 30X. 6X is moderate and safe, dont you think I should buy 6X potency pack?
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

Javed, I suggest you to buy it from a garden shop which carry it for gardening purpose. I don't think the Homeopathic store has Magnesium sulfate, rather they may be carrying Potassium Sulfate (Kali Sulphuricum) or Magnesium Phosphate (Magnesia Phosphorica)

In Homeopathy "X" means 10 raise to the power "-X" i.e. 6X will be 1/1,000,000 of the 100% solution. So this form is extremely dilute.
javed khaanzada

Dear Izhar,

You are 100% correct.

Now kindly suggest me, how much water I have to give my Mogra plants?

Regds-javed
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

In pots, daily in morning
javed khaanzada

Thanks.
mirafzalkhan