found holes in leaves

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

mahira
City: karachi

found holes in leaves

Post by mahira »

asalam o alaikum
I have found holes in the leaves of my rose plant today and similar holes in a couple of other plants,what can be the reason? some insect like spider or birds? alot of sparrows visit my place n I see them jumping in the pot,do the eat leaves,please help me n another problem is that I got really big n healthy roses in my plant in december bt the same plant is giving small n weak blooms,where am I going wrong as I do whatever is suitble for them? waiting for ur reply :-)
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: found holes in leaves

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

If they are symmetric holes than possibly beetles, slugs or snails. if asymmetric and larger part of leaves is eaten then caterpillars. Caterpillars will most of the time stay on the attacked leaf and can be found under side. Relocate or destroy manually. For beetles and snail, they are nocturnal. Try sprinkling coopex powder around affected plants.
Most probably it will be beetles.......

As far as weak blooms of roses are concerned that is due to heat...its bound to happen. Normal

Return to “Questions and Problems”