My Roses

Our Most experienced and seasoned Gardener shares his Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: My Roses

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

aykhan wrote:Khan sahib last year in January we had several nights just below or at O degrees in January. If it's the same like last year might be best to prune in mid-January which will give enough time for cutting to callous and be ready to put out roots as it starts warming up in February.
So shell it be
Thanks
Arif
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Brig sahib when warmer weather starts keep them in filtered light or they will die promptly. Must use clean cuts to avoid fungus which manifests itself with blackening of the cutting. Also a good idea to water the initial cutting with some anti-fungus. I plan on that this time since I lost a lot of cuttings to fungus despite care last year. Keep evenly moist but not wet and do not allow to dry out totally.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Ay Khan sb never prune roses before frost.Pruning means you are stimulating the buds to sprout.Newly sprouted buds are suspected to Freeze damage caused by frost.Freeze damage happens when the temps drops to such extent that it freezes the water in the rose tissue.Its normally below 30F.Check your roses when it gets dropping temps.The first sins are that you will see the soft foliage & tips or even the thin canes are like wilting or dried out.Can we stop it so the answer is No because if you are growing so much roses its not possible to do so.But you can help your bushes, check out the soil.If its dry water it & another thing remove any dried cane.Don,t prune let they go dormint & prune when you expect that the frost is in its end.So when the buds sprout the frost has past.To prevent roses from freeze damage the nursery men keep all bare rooted roses in green house to save it from frost.When ever you plant the rose bush it will shed all foliage & in spring it will bounce back.
Dr sb i noted some freeze damage to day on my roses so i thought i should also inform you.Enjoy your roses.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I dont remember the thread in which you asked about Amaryllis second flower.Arif sir gee this one flowered for second time.This is the 2nd time bloom.I don,t rember the exact date but Amaltas was in full bloom when this Nymph was blooming.The size of the bloom was small in size.

Return to “Brig Arif's Garden”