An early morning in my garden

A Master Gardener and a Rosarian from Marden/Islamabad

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: An early morning in my garden

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes Khan sb my garden is non formal type of garden.i plant what i like.i plant it in the most suited are in the garden.if you like fruit trees try to plant the dwarf varieties which suits well to home garden culture.Plant Mango Sensation,a dwarf type well suited to home culture.mango adds a nice tropical touch to any garden.another dwarf tree is Pomegrante Tarnab e gulabi.bears large pink fruits with good flavor.its well suited to hot climates.the tree is dramatically dwarf.dwarf trees are easy to care & requires less space.yes your point is right annuals are not that so easy in a large garden.thats why i like the long blooming annuals & hardy bulbs like Amaryllis & Crinums.That was what i wanted to say in another post.Marigolds,Zinnias,Pansies & Petunias are really meant for big gardens.they require less care & rewards you so much.rare & exotics are not meant for big gardens.they are for those with limited space.i think you have understood my view point Khan sb.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Yes Khan saheb, it makes perfect sense.
Kaleem
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

Beautiful garden, I love your Zinnias and Pear plant.
Thanks for sharing

Kaleem
Kaleem
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

:lol: . I have started to like these early morning walks in each others garden. Lets hope some other members also let us enjoy our walks in their gardens by starting their own threads..
Regards.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

I also love these pink cannas, would love to have some. This color is not common at all. Khan sb, your garden is beautiful, shows hard work and skills.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

KAMasud please see posts in what's blooming section and you'll get to see what's been blooming in morning walks of forum members gardens :)
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Khabbab i love these Cannas.their flowers are double on dwarf plant.their max hight is 1 ft in my garden.one draw back is there they can not stand up to full sun.thier foliage burns in full direct sun.if you need i,l give some corms of the pink.
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

Umer Sahab, beautiful zinnias u got there !
last week I also got this variety of baby draft canna, but the nursery wala sold them at a higher price than the ordinary canna. (Rs.200) per plant.
For how much did u pay per plant ?
His red, yellow, light yellow and orange were on bloom. Have you seen pure white ones ? They have a simple yet beautiful look.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Aoa,i purchased these plants for RS 100 per plant some two years back from Unique unrsery,PWR mod,Islamabad.i have the whites,but they are not that much pure white actually.its cream color.

Return to “Umar Khan's Garden”