Summer 2013

A Master Gardener and a Rosarian from Marden/Islamabad

Moderator: Izhar

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Re: Summer 2013

Post by Munir »

munir wrote:Umar Sb:
. My amaltas tree now about 17-18 ft is around 4 years old; when should I expect to see it bloom like yours or about ?
. I tried planting a Cassia Nadosa also,some years back, but it did not survive probably due to exposure of roots during shifting to ground.I again want to try; do you recommend this or some other plant like Lahura now mentioned by KBW, in the earmarked space. Any particular nursery would you advise, as some are not careful about its grafting?

KBW Sb:
. I tried to Google search the images of Lahura tree, but found very few-that too different from each other.Can you please help by mentioning the reference or exact image of the tree you were talking about? Frankly,I had not heard/read about it earlier. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
................ ..................... ......................

Umar & KBW, waiting for response to the above.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Munir sb your Amaltas tree is still young.After 2-3 years you will enjoy it.You can get grafted Cassia Nodosa from Allah tawakal nursery bakramandi,opp yo harley street.
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.

Post by Munir »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Munir sb your Amaltas tree is still young.After 2-3 years you will enjoy it.You can get grafted Cassia Nodosa from Allah tawakal nursery bakramandi,opp yo harley street.
So I let Amaltas stay in the remodeled plan also. Could a Nursery at Bakra Mandi be so well stocked; that is a pleasant surprise.Will take a visit soon. Thank you, brother.

BTW, have you seen or heard about a Lahura tree ? If KBW likes ,it must be real good.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes its full of stock.Rehmat Watoo is the owner.He sales top class annual seedlings also.He mostly offer which many others don,t offer. Like Zinnia Magellan,Pansy Mammoth & Petunia Ultra series.His nursery is the leading rose nursery in Rawalpindi.He has great collection of Indoor plants.what matters his prices are reasonable.
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Yes its full of stock.Rehmat Watoo is the owner.He sales top class annual seedlings also.He mostly offer which many others don,t offer. Like Zinnia Magellan,Pansy Mammoth & Petunia Ultra series.His nursery is the leading rose nursery in Rawalpindi.He has great collection of Indoor plants.what matters his prices are reasonable.
That's great-thank you.You have again missed out Lahura Tree.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Munir sb i don,t know about Lahura tree.i have even heard of it.
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

Thank you.Let us then wait for more details from KBW, who seems to have liking for this tree.
@ KBW Sb, we are waiting.
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Post by ka_khan »

Well kept Garden.

Return to “Umar Khan's Garden”