An early morning in my garden

A Master Gardener and a Rosarian from Marden/Islamabad

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

An early morning in my garden

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I took some shots to day morning when i was feeding my birds.i thought to share it with friends.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: An early morning in my garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Beautiful zinnias Umar Sahab....
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Thanks Farhan.
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

Lovely Cannas, would love to get a corm of that pink one. Cute, double flower. As to those web lilies, reminds of hot muggy nights in Karachi and its perfume overpowering. Your garden is extensive while mine is intensive, more scope with wide open spaces. More Bonsai in mine.:)
Regards.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Nice nice nice.......
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Cannas are very beautiful.these are F-1 Tropicals.i purchased it from Unique nursery,PWR mode last year.Yes my garden is spread on 5 kanals.large garden is nice but very difficult to maintain it in peak position.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Very nice Khan saheb. Yes a 5 canal garden must be so difficult to maintain. I think my 2 canal one is a headache and I'm now planting perinneals in the beds I made for annuals since I don't have time to care for all this and malis are only so reliable. I see you like your garden less formal style withe the way you keep it. I am focusing on a look between a cottage garden and a semi-formal garden with tropical areas inbetween. Trying to fir all the diverse plants I love and finding the right spot for the right one is a challenge. I have uprooted so many plants and replaced so many :mrgreen:
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

Sir jee i dont know how you maintain leave aside five, even a two kanal flower garden. Mallis have not got the knowledge or interest left in their work. They think their function is only to hold the garden hose and their brains, less said the better. How about converting some portion to low maintainable fruit trees (China Naspati) and such or maybe a veggi patch.
Regards.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Well I have a veggie patch in my garden and it's there to stay since I got some good produce. I am planning to plant some fruit trees. Right now I have two lemon trees my father put in years ago. Still thinking about a good spot for heliconias which really attract me. I have F1 papaya in pots and I will be planting them once I see flowers to confirm their sex.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

oh yes Masud sb its not an easy task.but thanks God my mali is a good guy.he comes early in the morning(6 am) & works till 11 am & then again comes in 6pm in summers.Malis are really a great problem in big cities.i have a malie in Islamabad he do not know ABC of gardening.he thrown away some of my Amaryllis bulbs without knowing it how precious are they for me.
I have lot fruit trees & veggie patch too.10 marlas portion is for pheasants,ducks & chickens.(peacocks remain in their cages).my garden is dominated my roses.i have some 300 plus roses.the cause is i love roses so much.
these are my old pictures i m posting again for your enjoyment
my 10 marlas plot just for my birds & also to store cow manure.you can see how my mali cleans the manure & river sand.

Return to “Umar Khan's Garden”