UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

End of 2012

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

fa113nang311
City: lahore

Re: End of 2012

Post by fa113nang311 »

very nice..........is the lemon plant from thailand.......
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Last picture, Hippeastrum with three scapes/ Is it an imported bulb or locally chilled bulb. Do show the blooms
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Very beautiful. This amaryllis is i think not local and seems to be alfresco. Good to see poinsettas in bloom. Good yield of lemon too.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Umar sb you have a good yeild of the thiland lemon too what do you feed it?? Mine didnt bear a single lemon this year.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

The Amaryllis is South African ALFRESCO from Hadeco company.the South African bulbs are small in size as compared to the Dutch.they send up three & some times even four flower stalks.I feed my lemon trees with Old cow manure & NPK 17+17+17 just after the harvest.i use Tara Zarkez in my orchard as well as in my home gardens.The 20+20+20 formula is used for Tobacco.
ahussain
City: Beach Park

Post by ahussain »

Great garden.
My intention is not to criticize. I have a few suggestions about the beautiful pictures. The roses were pruned too short. The daffodils need to be separated for better more blooms. The fruit trees need to be trimmed after the al fruit is used up or way before the next blooms appear.

No vegetable likes to grow under or around a tree. If you remove all the dying blooms from the mums one get them to bloom again in the same season.
Rafaiy
City: Rawalpindi

Post by Rafaiy »

beautiful garden umar sahab...i would appreciate if you would make a seperate thread about roses and guide all of us about the differnt standards of roses and from where they can be bought...
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Hi Hussain sb healthy criticism is good.it gives us good feed back.i like healthy criticism thats why i use to post pictures.yes you are right veggies never do good under trees.but in March i am uprooting all the fruit trees & veggies.i am going to make another lawn in that place.i have orange & pear orchard so thats enough for me.i like to hard prune my roses.the harder you prune the best flowers you get.About mums they need so much attention.
The daffodils i actually like naturalizing bulbs &to see them in natural clumps.you are right i have not separated them for the last six years.Criticism is good thing we learn so many things from it.
Rafaiy i always try to share my knowlage with other members.its the real aim of a forum to gain & deliver.we learn so many things from each other.
ahussain
City: Beach Park

Post by ahussain »

You must separate the daffodils. Six years is a long time. May be you are hesitant to to divide them. I bet you you will have more than 60 bulbs, I have been doing gardening for the last thirty years. You will produce ten times more blooms and will have many more bulbs. Since you live in Mardan none of your bulbs will be wasted you you replant again.
Do me a favor and try to save the fruit trees by planting them elsewhere. If you do in spring and are able to get some roots with each tree then they will survive. One thing you will have to do is trim 90 % of the tree and then see what happens. We as muslim should not uproot fruit trees for no valid reason. If you replant the trees and the birds benefit from them then it will be SADAKKA from you.
Next sping I plan on coming to Pakistan and will be buying farm land to grow everything (Fruit trees and vegetables and flowers) around Lahore. I know wholesale sellers in COLOUMBIA and will be importing roses and other tropical plants from them directly.
DO you plant tulips or other bulbs in and around where you live. Cut your poinsettia plant after the flowering season is over. Cuttings will produce new plants. What type of roses do you have? Roses should be able to survive the winter temperature if they are not dessi roses.

Return to “Umar Khan's Garden”