MY GARDEN 2012 (MARDAN)

A Master Gardener and a Rosarian from Marden/Islamabad

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

MY GARDEN 2012 (MARDAN)

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Some more pictures from my garden.the rose beds are in peak flowering.
Zarina bush
red standard.its not in peak flowering yet
my rose path way 1.the early & mid flowering roses are in full bloom.
its really a pleasure to sit beside fragrant roses.
Shella,s perfume,micheal angelo climbing type,Scentimental.the late bloomers.these are very first flowers.
when it comes to bulb i ignore them at all cost but Amaryllis i cant ignore this hardy bulb.
peace standard.one of the most famous rose introduced by Meilland.thanks to MEILLAND for so nice roses it created.
Sonnet my favorite along Madame butter fly.two more colors of sonnet are to come soon
Alexander standard.as Alexander is a late blooming so the standard is not full of blooms.after a week it will be
i love amaryllis so much.i have already posted this in petunias in my garden.but i wanted to share the amaryllis again
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: MY GARDEN 2012 (MARDAN)

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Lovely....
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

WOW Umar... loving the colors.. Sonnet is an excellent, uniform and compact series.. looks awesome in mass planting.. you have got some very nice roses.... nowadays Karachi's weather is hot and despite roses are growing and budding... the flowers dont last for two days before they fade or drop petals...
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Very beautiful flowers. Well done Umar Khan.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
usmanhaider

Post by usmanhaider »

very nice garden. i appriciate your interest to show us you beautiful garden. specially roses are mind blowing.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Mashallah Umar, what more can I say. Your garden speaks for itself! After your rose pathway pictures there's a picture of a soft pink rose amid the blue pansy, which rose is it? It looks like a David Austin. Also do you have some one do "godi" in your rose beds or do you think it is unnecessary for healthy rose plants? What is your spraying regimen for pesticides and anti-fungal?
I have removed all other plants from the rose beds since usually rose care requirements are different and usually other plants don't fit well with roses specially in narrow 1-1.5 foor beds.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Mashllah beautiful garden Umar especially the standard roses
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Thanks to friends.Khan sb godi is very very important to maintain good health of every plants.specially in summer one have to do weeding every week as the weeds grow so fast.i use to keep insecticides & fungicides in my store so not to give any chance to pest to destroy my plants.i hard prune my roses.i do mix some annuals like this time i have planted pansies as they are early bloomers.dragon Admiral as its a late bloomer & will even bloom when the roses are past.the one with blue pansy is David Austin,s Sharifa asma.Ahmad sb i have some standards at Mardan & in Islamabad as well.the one you told me is a climber i have posted that one.its the climbing mutant of micheal angelo.but i use it as a bush as it is not a good climber.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Is your Sharifa Asma budded or own root and from where did you get it? Does that nursery have more DA and Meilland roses?
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

How is this Meilland late bloomer.i love this cream color rose.i got my Sharifa Asma from Fateh Muhammad nursery Islamabad.he has wide variety of roses.but you can also get this rose from Tekadar nursery,Patoki.Dr sb all my roses are grafted ones.

Return to “Umar Khan's Garden”