Azaleas..... finally!!

A Seasoned Gardener & Rose Lover

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: Azaleas..... finally!!

Post by KBW »

farah fayyaz wrote:Today I saw this plant at faisal nursery pishawar mor. He was selling the pkant@3000. So expensive. I wonder can it survive in Islamabad in hot summers. And as the pkant is so expensive, can it be tried at home?
Yes, I also saw quite a few Azaleas at Peshawar mor and they are phenomenally expensive. They have to be protected during very hot days in Islamabad and if that is done, they survive though do not flourish as well as they do in cooler climates. One of the nurseries had few plants from last year which were still alive but not in a very good shape. I would personally not spend so much money for plant which "just survives" after lot of care. I strongly believe in the saying that best plants are the healthy plants :)
farah fayyaz
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Post by farah fayyaz »

Thanks alot dor comprehensive reply.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Very true KBW sahib. The job of nursery owners is to sell regardless of the fact whether their plants are going to survive or not. I have noticed that very few nursery owners are knowledgeable about plants they offer and import it based on whim. Just recently a seed shop i Islamabad (Green Impex) imported Lilliums and Dahlia tubers and i was amazed that they weren't even aware that April is not the suitable time to offer them and in likelihood all being offered are likely to perish unless shifted to cold location like Murree.
regards,
Raja_Qaiser
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: New to Gardening.

Post by Raja_Qaiser »

So when should we sow lillium and dahlia? Actully i baught some from them [emoji1]
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Raja_Qaiser wrote:So when should we sow lillium and dahlia? Actully i baught some from them [emoji1]
This may be of some help,
http://gardeningpakistan.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4167

Arif
Raja_Qaiser
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: New to Gardening.

Post by Raja_Qaiser »

Thank You Arif Bahi.

Return to “KBW's Garden”