Looking for Grass Cutting Machine

Discussion on Grasses

Moderator: Izhar

jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Looking for Grass Cutting Machine

Post by jdashraf »

AoA. I have small size lawn (20x32 ft) in my house. I am looking for grass cutting machine for it. I just called Awan seeds Rwp and they say they have two types of machines: both size 18 inch, cost: local- Rs 4800/- and imported Rs 10,000/- Any other options? Please guide.
Javed Ashraf.
jdashraf
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Re: Looking for Grass Cutting Machine

Post by jdashraf »

The grass type is fine Dhaka.
Javed Ashraf.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

jdashraf wrote:The grass type is fine Dhaka.
Machine would be same for any type of lawn grass :-)..
jdashraf

Post by jdashraf »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:
jdashraf wrote:The grass type is fine Dhaka.
Machine would be same for any type of lawn grass :-)..
I read some where on this forum that it s difficult to cut Korean grass as compared to Bermuda/Fine Dhaka grass ... :? :oops:
Javed Ashraf.
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Go for the imported one,regardless...The local ones are heavy,thus difficult to use,especially if one has to push it himself. I made this mistake & am regretting, though have a helper.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Few Questions

Are you mowing yourself?
Are you keeping a Mali?
Does your Unit/Neighbor/workplace has a mower?

If you are not mowing yourself and keeping a Mali...its his obligation to arrange for such stuff. After all he would be visiting many places and must have requisite equipment. If he does not own it himself he can borrow it from somewhere.....that's how Mali's work.

You will be mowing after 15-20 days(regular interval)......and for 6-8 months in a year. That is around Max 12-14 Jobs of Mowing a year. So if you do not want to invest in mower. Borrow. I utilize my unit's mower for 15 mins a month. It doesn't burn fuel or cost anything....Tools should be shared i guess...Hahahha
jdashraf

Post by jdashraf »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:Few Questions

Are you mowing yourself?
Are you keeping a Mali?
Does your Unit/Neighbor/workplace has a mower?

If you are not mowing yourself and keeping a Mali...its his obligation to arrange for such stuff. After all he would be visiting many places and must have requisite equipment. If he does not own it himself he can borrow it from somewhere.....that's how Mali's work.

You will be mowing after 15-20 days(regular interval)......and for 6-8 months in a year. That is around Max 12-14 Jobs of Mowing a year. So if you do not want to invest in mower. Borrow. I utilize my unit's mower for 15 mins a month. It doesn't burn fuel or cost anything....Tools should be shared i guess...Hahahha
This is Rawalpindi, dear .. I hope you know what I mean .. I agree with your suggestion though, I think you just saved me at least Rs 4800/- ..... :)
Javed Ashraf.
jdashraf

Post by jdashraf »

Mali visits once a week and machine is available fortnightly. These days I need to cut grass every week.. That was the issue.. But I agree with you, with my small lawn i should rely on Mali's machine ...
Javed Ashraf.
Edward Ronald
City: Newyork
Gardening Interests: Deep Interest in Gardening.

Post by Edward Ronald »

I suggest you to buy Grass Cutting Machine from your local market. Sometime, you may need to hire for maintenance or repair to machines. So buy only from authentic brands.

Return to “Lawn/Grass”