Help Needed for my Kamquart plant and grass.

Discussion on Grasses

Moderator: Izhar

Tamoor Ahmad virk
City: sheikhupura

Help Needed for my Kamquart plant and grass.

Post by Tamoor Ahmad virk »

AoA
All Senior and respected members
I have some problems with my Kamquart citrus plant and with my grass

1:Kamquart plant is very weak an d not growing well (2 year old planted jan 2013)
2:my grass is not lush Green and semi truff not good and super truff
i fertilize kamquart plant NPK 20:20:20 in water and also spray on it also fertilize DAP
and with grass spray fungicide and regular fertilized DAP
plz Guide me properly what i do now
Attachments
IMAG0538.jpg
IMAG0551.jpg
IMAG0552.jpg
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Re: Help Needed for my Kamquart plant and grass.

Post by Tahir Khan »

It seems that you have been overfeeding you plants, How often you fertilize your Kumquat and grass?
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

i think you have applied so much manure which burnt your citrus.stop DAP to lawn.feed it with Urea & i think rightly said by Farooq sb you have over fed your grass.Apply urea only twice a month after moving.also spray liquid fertilizer of micro ingridients.
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Which grass have you planted, not very clear in the pic?

If you are watering and feeding regularly than the grass should do well. Please do check the soil type and lawn levelling. If it's an alkaline soil and you are feeding it with DAP continuously, the grass wont grow that well. Application of SSP might bring better results if the soil is alkaline. Also, if the levelling is not good than you will have patches of good and bad grass.

I had a similar problem. Alkaline soil and un-levelled lawn. I had to finally replace the top soil (as I was not willing to wait for a long soil treatment procedure) and did the levelling as per my desire. I had fine dhaka in my lawn and it is doing well now. I avoid nitrogen based fertilizers and give it a doze of SSP twice a month at the moment. Will reduce it to once a month from now on as the lawn is fully established. This is how it looks like now...

regards
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Superb turf.i think its Bermuda grass KBW.SSP is good than DAP.Heavy application of DAP is making our soil alkaline.
Tamoor Ahmad virk

Mr. Tahir khan Sb. Sir mostly i Sprinkling DAP and Some Time dissolved NPK in water gitve to the grass and plant after 30days.

Mr. Umar khan Sb. Sir i dont know about liquid fertilizer of micro ingredients.what they are and what they do.

Mr. KWB Sb. Sir i think my grass is Bermuda Grass
and level is good (slightly upward down for water flow)
i have no soil testing kit at home now i send soil to Agri. Lab for testing but i think they give me report after 11th May :(
Single Super Phosphate (SSP) is better then DAP?? and sir plz also tell me what does NPK 20:20:20: do?? And Your Grass IS incredible good im impressed.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Just use the 20.20.20. NPK half dosage what is recommended on the label of the bottle dissolved and pour it directly into the soil, every 20 days because less is always better than more when it come to chemical fertlizers.

if DAP is burning the plants and the grass stop using it instead make a solution of ferrous sulphate again half strength and spray your lawn with it it will get green INSHALLAH,
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Brother first urea & then NPK.You are over feeding your grass.these are active growth days.so only feed with urea which contains 46% of Nitrogen.Nitrogen stimulates green foliage.Apply SSP,NPK or DAP in autumn.Apply urea only once a month.Micro ingridients are important for good health of plants.
Apply urea only once a month,deeply water the grass in morning,do not set the blades of the mover to zero.Too much fertilizer has adverse effect on grass,Do not water in evening or night it promotes fungus in the grass,zero blade cut off the grass too near to the ground which damages the root system.
Tamoor Ahmad virk

THANK YOU UMAR KHAN SB.sir also advice me for Kamquart plant.

Return to “Lawn/Grass”