Growing Cherry Tomatoes

Flower & Veggies In Container

Moderator: Izhar

Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Re: Growing Cherry Tomatoes

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

To all my friends and viewers.
As far as my subject" Growing Cherry tomatoes". I can started to grow Cherry tomatoes in 8 containers. At last proper care of "cherry tomatoes" like check soil PH, balancing of NPK and other micro nutrients, water, proper direction of sunlight and finally pesiticide spray at proper time away from any disease, my "Cherry tomatoes" now starts ripening.
:oops: :oops: Here some pictures, how bunches of fresh cherry tomatoes starts ripening :oops: :oops: .
For any information and guidence who have facing problems "how to grow Cherry Tomatoes in a container" hope so will read this subject. Any comments, tips, suggestion, like or dislike depends upon friends and viewers.
Attachments
Bunches of Tomatoes-3.jpg
Bunches of Tomatoes
Bunches of Tomatoes
Cherry Tomatoes bunches of green and yellow
Cherry Tomatoes bunches of green and yellow
Asim_Nawaz
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

:lol: :lol: CHERRY TOMATOES :lol: :lol:
Waiting for use in "fresh salads and other receipes.....
Attachments
Tomatoes in yellow
Tomatoes in yellow
Ripening of Tomatoes
Ripening of Tomatoes
Yellow Cherry Tomatoes
Yellow Cherry Tomatoes
umar

Post by umar »

Hello sir i'm growing hybrid cherry tomatoes, they are on fruit at the moment and i'll be sending their images shortly. I need to know if i cut the suckers and transplant them in new pots, would it work or if i can grow more plants (cherry tomatoes) from seeds at this time of season.
Waiting for your kind reply
Thanks
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Late for seed sowing.
umar

Post by umar »

Thanks Farhan, i really appreciate your concern. But what bout' the suckers transplantation, furthermore can i sow seeds in july-august ?
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

i have no idea about starting from cutting. You can try though information online. Seeds might still germinate but the problem is approaching heat. If you can grow them in controlled environment give it a try starting from seed, otherwise they are normally sown in Nov-March.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

umar wrote:Thanks Farhan, i really appreciate your concern. But what bout' the suckers transplantation, furthermore can i sow seeds in july-august ?
Umar, Tomatoes are the easiest to propagate through suckers, just snip a sucker when it is about 6-8 inches of length, take off the lower leaves about 2 or 3 sets of leaves then put that sucker in a glass of water indoors and in about a week the roots will start to sprout, when this happens shift the sucker to a container with good quality soil and plant it in a shady spot until established... fertilize with DAP to encourage good rooting system.

And yes, you can sow seeds in mid of August.
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

@ Umar ask:
Hybrid Cherry Tomatoes grow through sucker.
Yes "Hybrid Cherry Tomaoteos" easily grow through sucker. As my friend Tahir saying absolutely right. Another method will be just as saying Mr. Tahir sucker as glass of water directly in well fertilize soil, place is shady area, within a week new leaves shows. This method I can apply on month of February when my hybrid cherry tomatoes having full of male and female flowering and lots of sucker developed and second time also on month of Late March. Nearer soon I send pictures of new "Hybrid Cherry Tomatoes" plants through sucker.
Asim
Attachments
Cherry tomatoes full of colors with fresh mint
Cherry tomatoes full of colors with fresh mint
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

As far Question: HYBRID CHEERRY TOMATOES GROW THROUGH SUCKER?
Yes easily "Hybrid cherry tomatoes grow through sucker. I can grow sucker directly into well-fertilized soil on the month of Late March, dated on 28th March after 10 to 12 days new fresh leaves this shows sucker becomes true healthy plant.
Here picture shows sucker of Cherry tomatoes...
Asim
Attachments
Sucker of Cherry Tomatoes
Sucker of Cherry Tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes sucker into mini pots
Cherry tomatoes sucker into mini pots
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

As far as growing sucker of Hybrid Cherry tomatoes for Summer vegetables also used fresh cherry tomatoes used in differnt salads as well as receipies...
Attachments
Ripening of colorful Cherry tomatoes
Ripening of colorful Cherry tomatoes
Buches of Cherry tomatoes
Buches of Cherry tomatoes

Return to “Asim's Container RoofTop Garden”