Waiting for Daffodils Bulbs Flowering

Flower & Veggies In Container

Moderator: Izhar

Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Waiting for Daffodils Bulbs Flowering

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

I can grow some daffodil bulbs in container. Suggest me flowering of daffodil bulbs. How much water know a days also best suitable day and night temperature for flowering of Daffodil Bulbs?
Thanks
Asim
Attachments
Daffodil at home.jpg
Daffodil.jpg
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Waiting for Daffodils Bulbs Flowering

Post by khabbab »

In my personal experience they are not reliable bloomers for lahore. In plastic pot, less water is required. Do not give them any water. I was tempted to ask you to give them full sun but in lahore temp is rising rapidly so give them morning sun till 11 am then in indirect sunlight. Also try giving them some potash, it might help flowering.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

khabbab wrote:In my personal experience they are not reliable bloomers for lahore. In plastic pot, less water is required. Do not give them any water. I was tempted to ask you to give them full sun but in lahore temp is rising rapidly so give them morning sun till 11 am then in indirect sunlight. Also try giving them some potash, it might help flowering.
Daffodils don't survive in Karachi either, even if they do, they never flower...they like cold weather somewhat similar to Muree and other Northern parts. Last but not the least photo-period also affects their flowering.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

AOA
Khabbab is right it’s healthier to put them in East direction to get sunlight from daybreak to midday and they don’t require too much water specially in plastic container, water them once a week don’t worry if they dry out they won’t die,
Daffodils are already on flowering it also depend when you planted them, my daffodils are flowering I planted them in December or we can do it a bit earlier I will try to post some pics, do you know which type they are because few types give early blooms and few dose late.

Asalam-U-Alaikum

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Asim_Nawaz
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

I can plant bulbs on the month of December. Janurary due to heavy cold from these bulbs one flower bloom. I send picture of Daffodil flower. Advice me suitable temperature of Lahore to again flowering of daffodils.
Thanks
Asim
Lahore
Attachments
Daffodil Flower.jpg
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

I am yet to try other Daffs but Paperwhites are reliable bloomers and they will multiply easily... the best you could do to a bulb is to let it resume its natural cycle by holding watering in warmer months till the foliage dies (dormancy period) and resuming the watering in November...
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Asim_Nawaz wrote:I can plant bulbs on the month of December. Janurary due to heavy cold from these bulbs one flower bloom. I send picture of Daffodil flower. Advice me suitable temperature of Lahore to again flowering of daffodils.
Thanks
Asim
Lahore
If you are asking for a second bloom in this spring/summer then let me tell you it will not bloom for the second time, and if they are fresh plantation then it will take time to start blooming may be next year or could be the following year, most of the tubers flower for a very short interval but if you plan them properly you could have them for a longer period of time and for that you can plant your bulbs with an equal interval of time could be couple of day or a week between them, then you will get continues flowers.
And you have Narcissus (gul-e-nargis) very very easy to manage even if you will forget them, they will come back and remind you about themselves

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Temps are getting high, so little chances of blooming now, apply my technique to put the bulbs in fridge in Aug, take them out in nov and plant them, i found this a reliable way of blooming daffs.
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

I will follow the suggestion of Mr. Khabbab and Mr. Hamad. I let you know its not fresh tuber. The tubers is 2 to 3 years old. The picture I send last year only one tuber blooms. This year I need suitable advice of other person's inwhich I can follow and get proper result of daffodil bulbs of healthy blomming.
Best Regards
Asim
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

One thing i forget to tell you, it seems your plants are getting too much Nitrogen as foilage is healthy , this happens at the cost of bloom, try reducing the fertilizer until they bloom, afterwards liquid fertilizer to the plant can ensure the next year bloom in bulb.

Return to “Asim's Container RoofTop Garden”